March 29, 2007

Alive Hotate arrived (^3^)/

Alive HOTATE(scallop)!!

Have you received 20 alive scallops before?! Thanks to my good friend AYA, we ate fresh Hotate up!!
Raw scallops. As soon as I insert a knife between shells, they try to close their shells soooo tightly. I opened it up by inches, and could see beauuuuuutiful HOTATE-san.

I removed some parts we cant eat, and had fresh white part and round parts.

Fantastic!! and Awesome!
It was just melted in my mouth right away. Sweeeeet, juicy and very fresh.
Next day, I grilled them.

Put them on skillet and grill them. Add one tbls of soy-sauce, butter and SAKE and grill again few sec.

This is it! This is the best for SAKE.
Aya told me that she made a HOTATE rice dish. After washing rice, add warter appropreately, chopped hotate and make them. The best one for me is white part, but round parts contains lots of essence which make rice taste enhanced. I can tell why Hotate is used for some dishes and various seasonings. This weekend I thanked the sea for its blessings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home