September 26, 2006

Food experience-Authentic Beijing Duck in Beijing

I visited my Chinese friend's place in Beijing last week. I'd love to post some pictures of food which I had there. Here's how to eat a whole of Beijing Duck!
First of all, this is 'TONGUE' of duck:

Hard to eat...I mean very chewy.
Secondly, this is body part, 'MEAT' of duck:

Very soft. I love this taste.
and also meat with tomato tasted sour sauce:

Thirdly, this is my favorite 'SKIN' of duck. Crispy and tasty. Wrap it with some sauce,ginger/garlic or seasonings you like and flour paper like this:

Forth one which was served was...'Head' of duck(sorry for blurred photo):

Last one was...soup of 'DUCK BONE':
Taste was...subtle in flavor.
I am very impressed with this full course of Beijing Duck! I ate a whole part except eyes of duck?!?! What I was surprised also was it costs only $20 per person, which is half price in Japan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home